Friday, June 24, 2005

Funny How the World Spins

I thought I would type colorfully today so let's try this on for size shall we. The end of my term at school is fast approaching . It had seemed it would never get here in the beginning; here it is now the 24th and the term ends the 28th. All in all I am expecting A's in my classes. I don't mean to boast by any means. I have gotten better grades in college then I ever did in middle school. I am not a genius by any means. I have just learned to apply my self better over time. Getting my associates degree was a huge deal for me. Those who don't know me wouldn't know that I never went to high school. I only finished through the eight grade. I really robbed myself on that aspect of my life. So I achieved my GED later in life and now I am in college and my professors say I soar at it. I can only thank one person for getting me through it all and that is my boyfriend Steve. He is my life. He pushes me everday because of the potential he says and has made me realize I have. In my eyes I am doing all this for him, me and my parents who passed away a few years back. Thanks to all of them.

As some may know I have been sick lately. In the last 2 years I have felt like I am 80 with everything that has gone wrong. I had a doctors appointment yesterday and for the most part it went well. For those who don't know me I am a severe ashmatic. I was hospitalized 3 weeks ago. I am currently on all kinds of medication for it. I have felt better later, this was a follow up appointment to the hospital stay. I was told that I still have pretty weezy lungs and that they are going to try another steriod treatment for it. I was told this time they are going to up the dose and have me take it over alonger period of time. I really don't think Pednizone is anyone's friend. It makes my symtoms go away but it also gives you the shakes, rapid heart beat and bad hot spells. I am hoping there are better results this time. My doctor has told me that it is great that it takes the symtons away but it is not so good that when they take me off it I get all the symtoms back. For those that don't know alot about Prednizone most of the time you only take it for a short periods of time; if what you have is not going away then it is taken for a longer period of time. Yet after taking it for so long your body can't sustain some functions without it. This is why alot of people that have terminal issness may take it. So the next step is going to be to see after these fifteen days if my symtoms go away and stay away. I will be having pulminary testing in late to early September to early October. I will keep those that are interested up to date about what's up with me.

For now I must get out of here and get the rest of my homework done. I still have 3 more reports to type up before next Wednesday. Hey Marko I hope you made it home o.k. from your adventures lastnightl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home