Thursday, September 14, 2006

Got the Job

I have recently been busting my ass at a real shit hole job for about a year. The pay sucked and I was really unhappy about the whole thing. Well a friend of mine was telling me that I needed to expand my horizons and make a change. I decided what the hell. I use to weld a lot with my dad at his body shop when I was younger and really enjoyed doing it, well this friend of mine knew of a welding job that he thought I would be really good at and was begging me to apply for it.
I pretty much ignored the whole idea thinking I would never get it if I applied. After a week or so of them still pushing me to do it. I decided to apply.
Today was interview day and I got the job. I really don't know what I think of it yet. I don't think it has sunk in yet.
The pay is good and I know that I will enjoy the job. I just don't know if it is worth the amount of money I have put into my education.
I have had a lot of people tell me though that I should try this and use my BA degree to fall back on. I am thinking that is what I will do. So welding and finishing school is what I am going to do.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Im really glad you got the job!

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home