Sunday, July 24, 2005

Friends or Foes


I find myself thinking about friendship today. Is there actually a means of friendship after a relationship. I find myself perplexed by the whole aspect of this. It seems when you are in a relationship with someone they are your best friend, your confidon, your emotional support and your learning tool. This is not to omit your lover and so forth. Yet when a relationship ceases for whatever reason, why then do they become, not in my eyes but theirs, your enemy? It seems the first words you hear are, "Don't ever call me!". Or there is the all to familiar, I never want to talk to you again. Is there just reasoning for this or am I just loosing my ideas of being morally good to someone whether it is good or bad. Yes there are many arguments and disagreements between people but are they really so bad that the feelings you had about that person before any of the disagreements started are just gone. This makes absolutely no sence to me. Over time I can see that you loose feelings for a person but when it is all fresh and just happening why do people need to resort to just being cruel. It makes me believe that the feelings that the other person felt up to that point where false and you were just lead to believe that the love given you was real.
On a better note, because I have forced myself not to drown in someone else's pool of misery, I had a really nice weekend. My little brother came over Friday and basically argued me into submission that I needed to get out and quit revolving my world around all the expectations of others. It was really nice and I meet a lot of neat people. I got to see his aunt Charlotte whom I hadn't seen since I was a little girl. I also ran into a lot of old friends that I hadn't seen in quite awhile. I have found that a new a place to go with a crowd of higher intelligence was just the ticket I needed. Not to say that the old place I use to stomp around at isn't nice but it is full of nothing but misery. For that reason I can't be its company. Well I need to get going on my homework so I can dismiss this whole idea of quitting school. Later.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yes it is what you needed, I knew once you got out for a while you would feel better. Wow, I love that pic, it kinda looks like Kelly osbourne!

5:07 PM  
Blogger Dawner said...

Yeah I really like this picture too it is a self portrait of the artist.

8:55 PM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Mine have always ended in hatred, bitter hatred. The reason is in a loving/sexual relationship, you bare your soul. The longer you've gone out, the more of your soul you have bared. Breaking up is the ultimate rejection. You've bared your soul and they've rejected it. So for me, there can be no friendship afterwards.

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home