Friday, February 09, 2007

Life's To Short

Today was the last week of my work week and the thought I had all day is, Life is to short.

It seems I never have enough time to do the things I want to get done or the things I enjoy. The funny part of all this is that I have all the time in the world to lay on the couch and not do anything. I truly believe that this makes you lazier. I know that seems to be the extent of it for me.

I seem to do all the things I hate to do and none of the things I like to do. Ironically, by the time you are finished doing the things you don't like to do all you want to do is be lazy and not do anything.

I think that I am going to try and make a daily agenda for myself. I will pick one thing I like to do and make it a point to get it done.

I was going through some of my old poems that I at one time wrote and I came across one that was always my favorite. It is not one of mine, I never found the author. All the same it makes me think about the things in life that you don't give much thought to until it is to late.

I hope you enjoy it.

Tomorrow
She was going to be all she could be
Tomorrow
None would be more successful then she
Tomorrow
There were friends that could help her
Who'd be only to happy to see what they could do
On them she would pay a visit or two
Tomorrow
Each morning she would stack up the letters she'd write
Tomorrow
And thought of the things that would give her delight
Tomorrow
But she hadn't one moment to stop on the way
"More thought I must give to my future", she'd say
Tomorrow
The greatest of workers this gal would have been
Tomorrow
The world would have hailed her, had ever there been a
Tomorrow
But in fact she passed on and she faded from view
Now all that was left here when living was through
Was a mountain of things she intended to
Tomorrow

4 Comments:

Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Life is too short though. That's why you got to do some of the things you want to do or else when you're old, you'll have all kinds of regrets.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Dawner said...

Thanks Zombie! Hey I am having alot of problems with blogger. It won't let me log into my blog unless I switch to the new one. So I can't even make new entries. I don't want the new blogger. I like the old blogger that I have. Any suggestions to get around this?

5:49 PM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

You can't. They don't allow you to keep the old blogger. I've had to switch. It's not that bad. You just have to remember to login before you go to anyone else's blog or else you'll lose your comments you post. Other than that, the new blogger is okay.

11:06 PM  
Blogger Dawner said...

Yeah I finally ended up switching over. I guess if you have to you have too.

4:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home