Monday, July 25, 2005

Is It What You Hear or What You Feel or Just Music

Tonight and this morning was the sound of music for me. Many people listen to music and hear music but what is it that drives each individual to it? Is it to mend a heart? Is it to light a tourch of passion? Is it to relieve that anger inside you? Is it to take you to a place in time that is long forgotten? Everyone has different answers to those questions. Have you ever heard a song and thought it was the greatest song you had ever heard, yet had no idea what the words to it were? I have had that happen to me so many times. Tonight I took the opportunity to listen to alot of the music I have and matched it up with the lyrics it was astonishing. Some of the music that I thought was really good became great after realizing what the song was actually about. The past 3 days I have been hunting new bands that I have never heard of for interesting new music. I am pretty much a metal head and have always been. The problem that I run into is that when my mood is tainted it is very hard to listen without looking for a certain sound or for certain types of lyrics. I found some really good stuff though. I was quite amazed at what I found and thought that I would somehow intergrate it all into my blog. Maybe this will somehow become something common here in my blog. I quite enjoyed doing it.

My list for this weekend (not all is new stuff) is as followed:

1) 12 STONES---FAR AWAY
2) DAMAGE PLAN---SAVE ME
3) JIMMY EATS WORLD---PAIN
4) DANZIG---SHE RIDES
5) SEETHER---DRIVEN UNDER
6) UNDEROATH---REINVENTING YOUR EXIT***
7) CORROSION OF CONFORMITY---RISE RIVER RISE***
8) AMERICAN HEAD CHARGE---LOYALTY
9) EGYPT CENTRAL---YOU MAKE ME SICK***(This one is really good!!)
10) SHINEDOWN---BURNING BRIGHT
11) SEVENDUST---BITCH***(I was suprised by this one brutal)
12) THE PROM KINGS---ALONE (This one is pretty high on my personal list.)
13) BLACK LABEL SOCIETY---FIRE IT UP
***Makes you want to break things!!! YEAH

That will do it for this time. Maybe my next list won't be so personal to my mood. If you listen to these it will be pretty easy to figure that part out. Later

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Music is all of those things for me, as you well know music is my life. I have a huge array of different genres I am into and I love exploring new music. I mean some stuff I like you dont like, however I believe its good to experiance new genres of music. For this reason you may never know what your missing out on and that is the Beauty of music.

1:57 PM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Thanks for visiting my blog.
I'm a metalhead, although of a prior time period (more 80s metal) although I like Cradle of Filth and Nightwish. If you haven't heard Nightwish, see if you could pick up a copy of Wish, their latest album. It's a Scandanavian metal band with a female opera singer as vocalist and a full symphony and chorus backing about half the songs. Just be sure to pick up the one with the bonus songs, because they are both quite good. A masterpiece.

As for music in itself, it is an extension of you. I am a severe Type A person and need metal music to come down. When I'm finally relaxed, I could enjoy Celtic tunes or a good symphony, piano concerto, or violin concerto. Greater than 3/4's of my CDs though are metal.

8:39 PM  
Blogger Dawner said...

Thanks for all input, it is so great to see that there are other people in the world that read my posts beside my little brother...Hats off to all of ya...

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home