Monday, July 11, 2005

Nielson Rating

Today in the mail I received my official Nielson ratings package. O.k. Some people don't know what the Nielson ratings are or are thinking big deal. Well the Nielson ratings tell the broadcasting companies what people are watching and basically what should be cancelled. So when you have a favorite show and pretty soon it is not on anymore, the Nielson ratings may have a lot to do with it. So anyone who knows me would wonder why in the world it interests me. I am the type of person that is a over analyzer. I have to know how things work and why. This can pertain to anything. So why the Nielson ratings? Well not very many people realize that the number of household's sample for the ratings is only 5000 nation wide. O.k. That right there tells me that the chances of actually being selected to participate in the Nielson ratings is 5000:296,576,193 pretty shady odds. I am a T.V. watcher and will participate and mail my response back, yet to me the interest will still be the fact that for some reason the odds were in my favor. Now why couldn't these odds have been there for me the last time I bought a lottery ticket? I shall never know.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

We had an A.C. Nielson office in mason at one time didnt we?

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home