Sunday, January 22, 2006

Giving Good Women A Bad Name

I normally don't have a rant and rave entry, but today is the day I think maybe I will try it. Lastnight was unreal. I am the type of person that is really open minded about almost everything but if there is one thing that really makes me uneasy it is girls that choose to boost the already well known idea that, "All women are controlling!"

My boyfriend and I went out lastnight with his best friend that he rarely gets to see much anymore. The night was going good, we were playing pool, laughing and basically having a good time. My boyfriends best friends phone rings and it is his girlfriend. He invites her to come hang out with all of us. She in short says o.k. that she will be there when she is done with work. I myself had not meet her yet, so I was thinking this would be a nice opportunity to do so. I was also thinking, being the pool player I am that our teams then would be even so we could all have some fun.

A bit later she shows up with a Hi! (directed at her boyfriend and mine) and sits down next to me, yet not even acknowledging that I am there next to her. Within a minute she says to her boyfriend, "What is that and how many have you had." (pointing at the glass of beer sitting on the table) Her boyfriend tells her that he only had 2 glasses of beer. She replies with, well I'm ready to go. Next thing we know they are walking out the door. I don't think I have ever meet someone so rude in my life. I was going to introduce myself but after the way she came across to everyone I didn't bother.

I don't understand why so many women are this way. I have for all my life always let my boyfriend do whatever it is he feels he needs to do. I only have 3 basic expectations that I hold very close to my heart. 1) Come home to me at night. 2) Don't cheat on me. 3) Don't lie to me. So where in this world did someone tell woman to be as ruthless as so many are?

Then on top of this I have to listen to so many women go on and on about how they did nothing wrong and he left them. OMG wake up! What the hell did these woman think these men were going to do when they try and strip them of there manhood. I hate this because so many men have had this happen to them that they blame ALL women.

Yes, there are ruthless men in the world, but in the same aspect there are ruthless women also.

It is my belief that it all boils down to the person's own insecurities. Everyone thinks everyone else is going to leave and no one wants to be alone. Yet you can't control what others are going to do. You can only make yourself happy and try to make that special someone in your life happy too. You have to let them be there own person but make sure they know who you are by setting your limits but not in a way that sacrifices either persons individuality or feelings. All in all it boils down to the one thing in the world that over time has been lost----RESPECT----, It seems no one really knows or understands what that is anymore.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It os all about respect, very true!

8:12 PM  
Blogger Michael K. Althouse said...

Respect appears to be losing ground to control, rudeness and aggression. It is not, however, completely lost. What gets me is that so many men and women are willing to put up with this kind of disrespect for... what? Good looks? Money? Stability? Fear of being alone? It's like selling out. I don't get it. I am still forever optimistic and do my part to practice what may be a lost art: RESPECT!

Mike

11:18 PM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

That's unreal. One of my pet peeves is someone who doesn't acknowledge someone else's presense. In a perfect world, you should have kicked her *ss. That's so uncalled for.

12:02 AM  
Blogger Dawner said...

That was my first thought zombie, but my last experience within a jail cell pretty much scared me straight. LOL!

9:21 PM  
Blogger Dawner said...

I wounldn't put up with at all either Mike and I have been called alot of things for doing that.

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home