Saturday, January 21, 2006

Touch Me, Touch Me Not

I was pondering something today and thought maybe I would bring it to my blog today. What seems to be the issues surrounding some men about being touched.

I have not had a weekend off since I began my job I recently have. I would say this would fall around 2 months ago, anyway I actually have this weekend off. Lastnight my boyfriend and I decided to go out to a bar and play pool and just unwind. This was a really great time and we both needed it. We hardly see each other at all.

When we returned back to my apartment with movies in hand, we made ourselves comfortable in the bed and watched the movies we had picked up on the way home.

Being the woman I am I find myself very drawn to touch. My boyfriend in my eyes is irresistable so naturally I find myself wanting to touch him. Either if it be rubbing his arm, chest or fingers. Nine times out of ten he will move away from me so as to stop me from doing this. I asked if it bothered him and he always says "No!' He replies with I am trying to watch the movie.

Do men always see touch as a form of foreplay to sex? It seems that I have found this with more then one of my past relationships also. I find touch soothing and depending on where I am being touched sometimes arousing. Is it the same with men? It really makes you think as a women whether or not it is you or just the way that person is.
"

6 Comments:

Blogger Michael K. Althouse said...

He can't watch the movie and be touched at the same time? How is he on walking and chewing gum?

- mike

4:01 AM  
Blogger Dawner said...

i haven't a clue, it is very weird. If I don't touch him, then he thinks I don't want him so I am stuck in this rut of not knowing when to touch and when not too. MMMmmm go figure.

5:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Mike has a point, but sometimes I hate being touched. I think its just how a person is.

8:09 PM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Do men always see touch as a form of foreplay to sex?

This is actually found to be an American thing. Americans don't like to be touched unless it's sexual. Sports are an exception.

Sociologists have done studies about touch, and found that Europeans touch their friends and lovers all the time (non-sexual, more affectionate) and Americans rarely touch each other in a non-sexual and affectionate way.

12:04 AM  
Blogger JStressman said...

I hate being touched when I'm trying to sleep, or when I'm trying to concentrate... (like trying to watch a serious movie)

I also don't like being clung to when I'm out... like if we're at a bar together, a little hug and kissing etc now and then, but don't hang on me. I hate clingy girls.

Other than that, it's all good.

7:53 PM  
Blogger Dawner said...

Thanks for the input everyone, I think maybe I am a little to touchy!

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home