Monday, January 16, 2006

Hostel


I said I would be back and here I am with another movie review. The latest film to be seen here in Dawn's world is Hostel, presented by executive producer Quentin Tarantino. O.K. I have heard all the bad press by the so called movie critics about this film. Yes, you can slam the masochism and sadism of this film all you want, but before you do let's just remember that those sexual preferences were not just thought up to scare people. This is a preference that is known and should not be overlooked.

I feel sorry for the individuals that have shoot this film down. It to me is a glimse into the side of society that everyone wants to ignore hoping it will all just go away. If you are going to a Quentin Tarantino film did you really think that you were going to see angels and mermaids. Come on he is almost the king of freak and upset. If he wasn't the critics would not be so quick to shoot this down. It was nice to see that there are people (critics) out there that really did support this film. I think that it is very brilliant to bring society to a realm that is overlooked. I thought this film was very good.

I will say it is NOT for the sqimish or lighthearted. As for open individuals that find the mysterious thoughts of today's darker sides of our world, this will definitely take you for a ride.

Here is a little preview into this film:

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/hostel.html

1 Comments:

Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

I'm scared of this movie. I like monster movies and all, but when it comes to real life stuff, it freaks me out. Tarantino's one of my fav directors, and it would be interesting to see something he produced.

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home