Saturday, July 30, 2005

A,B,C I Can Change A Battery

Good morning all. I just got off work and I am getting ready for a full day. I found this pic a few months back and had to have it enjoy. As everyone knows I recently split up with my boyfriend and have found myself learning all over again the trials of being alone and finding my independence. Yesterday turned out to be one of those learning experiences. I have two vehicles one is a Camero and the other is a van. My camero being my summer fun car and my van being the, "I hate to drive this piece of shit, let alone be seen it." vehicle. Well for the past month my Camero has been broke down needing a battery. Being the complete tightass that I am and being raise by my father and brother made the decision of taking it somewhere to be fixed out of the question. My father worked on cars his whole life and instilled in me the norm of fix your vehicle yourself and use the money you would of spent on something for you.

So yesterday became Dawner's do it yourself day. I had to take out my old battery and reinstall a new one. O.k. I know this isn't a big complicated job. Yet I was not in any big rush to do it. First, I had to find out what type of battery I needed. Now it was off to the part store. I got the battery and returned home and began my lesson in auto repairs. It really was not that hard to do and I think any woman could change a battery. The most challenge a woman might face is lifting it out they weigh about 40-50lbs.

After everything was said and done I dropped myself into the driver's seat and turned the key. Away she went. Started right up. I was very happy and decided to take her for a spin. While I was driving I began to think about all the challenges of being single again and becoming independent. So many aspects of it scared the hell out of me, yet in a calming breeze I felt alive. I was no longer going to let things in my life discourage me from trying. I guess the old saying, "Little things mean a lot." really came to light. Later.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

A battery shouldn't be that heavy. I've seen some pretty small women carry them (I love women who can work on cars).

That picture is hot. As I've already said before, I love your taste in art.

12:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Easy as 1, 2, 3?

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home