Wednesday, October 19, 2005

The Amityville Horror


Sorry it took so long to get back to you all but working full time, going to school full time and this very nasty bronchitis that I picked up recently has just about done me in. Anyhow, here is the lastest movie review for you all. Amityville Horror, 2005. Well what can I say about this one. It was a remake of the original 1979 movie, which I really liked. The remake takes place as the next tennants move into the house a year later. I wasn't to impressed by that idea. I think that a remake should be just that a remake. Not a whole new story that picks up where the old left off. That defeats the whole purpose of calling this one a remake. Maybe it should have been called Another Amityville Horror. The cast was not a bad selection Jimmy Bennett, Ryan Reynolds, Melissa George, Rachel Nichols, Chloe Grace Moretz, Jesse James , Philip Baker Hall,
Jason Padgett , Isabel Conner, and Brendan Donaldson. Not to may high profilers but a few to get you to maybe want to see it. They do throw in the fact that one of the producers is Andrew Form that also produced the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, but it wasn't the orginial it was the 2003 remake of the classic. Also staffed into this one is producer Michael Bay who will be doing the 2006 remake of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre that will be titled The Beginning. We will have to wait on that one. So you have alot of good ideas floating around I just don't think they all went in the right direction. Maybe you would like this one, it does have lots of jumps and a little gore but not much on the whole scary part of a horror movie. I think I would give it a C at best.


Here is your site for the trailer if interested http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808594450/trailer

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I havent seen it yet, I loved the original too, it freaked the fuck outta me!

9:41 PM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Yeah, this one didn't really grab me. I'll probably miss it, especially if you give it only a C.

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home