Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Vacations, Vacations!

Whoa, what a week. I have gone from a life of staying at home and hiding from the world to actually getting myself out and being part of it. This month has become the month of vacations. Everyone needs them and I really can't remember when I last had one. So it looks like this will be the month to do that. First I am going to Minnesota to an amusement park there called ValleyFair. I know I need the fun. A few friends that I have meet recently have invited me to go along with them. At first it was the same answer as always. NO! Then as I started to think about it and I found that I need more yes in my life and less trapping of my own free will. So it is a yes and the plans are on there way. Next get away will be going to Virginia Beach, Virginia to see my brother whom I haven't seen in about 7 years. I really haven't figured out if this is going to be a good thing or a bad thing. My brother and I never really got along when we were growing up and after he moved away that was that. I think this is more his wife's idea then his.

The next problem I have ran into is that I don't fly. Never have and never wanted to. It has been a personal phobia of mine for a while. I don't know if anyone remembers but in 1989 a DC 10 crashed in Sioux City, Iowa. There were about 175 people that perished in that crash. I lived there at the time and saw the wreckage and the people involved not minutes after the crash. It was horrifying to me. The memories and images I saw that day have always haunted my mind, when it came time for me to try and fly. Yet, when your brother buys the ticket for you and makes sure it is non-refundable you pretty much have to go. So I took a trip to my doctors office and got some velum to try and make this somewhat bearable. I am still scared to go though. I will be leaving the last week of August. I'm going to spend a week down there. I will let you know how all that comes to be when I get back home.

The picture today is a Francisco Rivera. I posted this one for Zombieslayer. Him and I seem to have a lot of things in common and thought he would enjoy this one. Let me know what you think. Later

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You will be fine, I have you some pointers, you have valum, just remember to stay calm and collected. This trip will be good for you and for Bruce.

12:51 PM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

That picture's hot. I really like it, thanks.

Yes, as I've said, we definitely have similar tastes in art.

As for flying, I hate it too. I take Amtrak instead and only fly when I have to. But flights don't last long and are statistically much safer than cars. Good luck with it. Just say over and over to yourself that they're safer than cars if you get nervous.

3:54 PM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Hey, just noticed you go to Metal Sludge. What are your fav bands?

5:11 PM  
Blogger Dawner said...

Zombie, hey there. I listen to just about everything. I like the old hair bands of my generation like Motley Crue, Quiet Riot, Metallica, Megadeth, Nirvana, Alice in Chains (the new lead singer now isn't to bad), Ozzy, Pink Floyd, Led Zepplin, Rush. Then there is the new wave of bands that I also like, Marilyn Manson, Chevelle, System of a Down, Godsmack, Nine Inch Nails, Tool, Korn god I could go on forever. Yet I also like Country, Rap, Hip Hop, Alternative. I like music that puts me in another state of mind. It has to touch some part of me that is in need of some kind of soothing or excitement. Metal Sludge is the best sight for me because for the most part I like metal. What about you Zombie, what do you like?

11:47 AM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Heh, that's cool. Fav bands are Judas Priest and Pink Floyd. Of the 80s bands, I like Iron Maiden, 80s Metallica, Motley Crue, Poison, Megadeth, and of course Ozzy and Dio (well, they went solo in the 80s). Earlier - Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Rainbow.

Today - Cradle of Filth, Blackmore's Night, Marilyn Manson. Then I also like listening to Celtic music and the Romantic era of classical music (Tchaikovsky, Brahms, Beethoven, Bruch, Paganini, Mendelssohn).

So yes, we have a lot of overlap in bands as well.

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home